Monday, April 20, 2009

Another lovely weekend with the DH. He took me to the chocolate festival in Old Washington. It was really more of a flea market where a few vendors had some fudge. I did have the opportunity to try a deep fried snickers bar, which was tasty, but I could only get down a couple bites due to the overwhelming sweetness of it. DH finished it off.

We decided to leave the "chocolate festival" pretty early on & headed on down the river to Augusta. Charming little town, even has a "yarn" shop. Okay, okay, it's a shop that's associated with an alpaca farm who has about 7 skeins of 3 colors of brown alpaca for $25 for 150 yards. I've never bought any due to the price, but this time they had some blue yarn at $6 for 125 yards so I got 2. Not much of a blue fan myself, but DH likes it, so he'll likely be the recipient of something blue before very long! Organic Baby Alpaca It's very soft, as all alpaca should be.

There is also to be a bit of frogging on my Amanda Hat that I started earlier this week. HBP Hat I knew I could screw it up if I tried hard enough & sure enough, pattern's off by one stitch. It's only a couple rows, but I'm putting it off. Having this strange desire to knit lace...

No comments:

Post a Comment