Sunday, April 12, 2009

Best weekend evah!

Yeah! This week was MUCH better than last. Well, really, it was just the weekend that was so great. So let's talk about that.

So this weekend Charlie took me to Louisville. The reason we went was to see Death Cab for Cutie (my most favorite band) but he was also a very good husband and took me to three different yarn shops while we were there. On Friday when we got into town, he took me to the Knit Nook. It's a very nice little shop, very helpful staff who even offered to order the Blue Sky Alpaca that I had bought on a previous trip and needed an additional skein of, of which they were out. I got this wonderful malabrigo while I was there, in addition to ordering the Blue Sky. Malabrigo Multi

After that, we went to the hotel. It was only okay. I was impressed when Charlie told me he was able to get the room for only $40 on Hotwire, especially after I found out that they normally charge $100 for that room! It was clean, albeit kind of small, it did have free wireless access in the room! Then we went to Sophie's Fine Yarn Shoppe. It was a beautiful shop, lots of yarn, well organized. This staff was nice, too, helping me get to the shop that my GPS seemed unable to find. I picked up this lovely Arucania while I was there & plan to make the Amanda Hat with it!
Araucania It's so soft & smooshy! Not to mention a lovely, lovely green!

Next was the show. Well, next was actually dinner, and yes, I did take pictures of both the building & my food, but you don't need to see that. It was very tasty Mexican food, very fresh, very veggie. Loved it. So the show. The first opening band was Ra Ra Riot. I absolutely fell in love at first sight with these guys. They are great. They have wonderful stage presence, great energy, heck, they have 2 girls playing stringed instruments! I bought their cd while I was there & am really enjoying it. Ra Ra Riot 1 After that was another band called Cold War Kids that I really didn't have much use for. They were talented and all, just a little to angry and loud for my taste. But taking a break from the show allowed us to meet some interesting guys from Owensboro! Then it was time for Death Cab! They were fanstastic. They played all my favorite songs, and made me fall in love with some new ones. Here are some photos from their set.
Death Cab for Cutie 4

Death Cab for Cutie 9

Death Cab for Cutie 8

Death Cab for Cutie 6

And FYI - I took about 70 pictures that night. These are just a few, but you can go over to my flickr page (just click on one of the pictures to get there) to see some more. There are about 10 over there.

So the next day (Saturday) we got up and met my brother & his girlfriend for lunch. They took us to a really nice little Taiwanese restaurant called the Onion. It was really tasty and we ordered way too much food! After that, my brother & Charlie very sweetly agreed to take me to just one more yarn shop that wasn't to far away. We finally located Grinny Possum Fiber Arts nestled on a very cute little street in downtown. The shop was adorable & my brother actually got all excited that he was able to pick out his own yarn for the neck cowl I'm planning on making him! He eventually picked this Baby Alpaca only after being told that he couldn't throw the Baby Alpaca Grande that he wanted in the washer. This is supposedly superwash...we shall see. I also grabbed this beautiful manos while there Manos del Uruguay I'd never seen that color before & I love it!

We spent the rest of the day shopping, and came home Sunday morning. And today I got to do my first S&B since October! It was great to see all my knitting friends again & I'll be able to do it weekly since we've moved the day to Sunday!

So here's to better weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment