Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mmmm....food....

So Charlie and I (that's the husband of 8 years for any of you who don't know) decided that we hadn't been out to dinner in a long time and we needed it. I had just made a rather large paycheck (well, large for me, not large in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure) due to a few hours of overtime and 5 hours of work on a Sunday for which they pay time and a half. So after much debate, we decided on Indigo Casual Gourmet in Ft. Mitchell. Now, when Charlie mentioned going to this place, I initially rejected it. We tried to go there for my birthday last year. When we walked into the joint, it reeked of Applebee's in atmosphere. They were having some sort of game night, people were drunk and yelling at the bar, there was a 2 hour wait for a table & it just wasn't for us. I couldn't figure out why he wanted to go there, but he assured me it was not always like that.

And he was right. We got there around 6pm on Friday night and there were very few people in the place. We were seated right away at a table near the bar to which my only complaint would be that the heating vent which was right under my chair was blowing luke warm air at me, but my hand knitted shawl made up for that! The waitress was mostly competent, although I did ask for her choice on the menu and she did not seem to understand the question & just pointed out that "the vegetarian selections are noted with a 'V.'" I ended up ordering the basil cream pasta over penne pasta. I balked a bit at the price of $16.95 for a plate of pasta, but the good husband encouraged me to order what I wanted and I did! We also got salads, they have a wonderful soy ginger dressing, breadsticks and a couple glasses of wine. When the pasta arrived, I was a little sad at how small the plate was. I figured I would have plenty left over to take home at $16.95 but in reality I only packed up about 1/3 of it and that was more out of sheer will to do it than anything else! It was good, I liked it, but not quite $16.95 liked it. Maybe $10.95 liked it. The desserts were much more reasonably priced and I got a slice of carrot cake from Bon Bonnerie for about $4. All in all, it was a nice meal and a nice evening with the husband.

In other news (knitting news that is) I've just about finished up my friend Mike's fingerless mitts that I am making him to match his hat. He really liked the hat and I bought too much yarn so I thought I'd whip him something up to match. But I'm excited to finish them because after that I get to start on some baby booties for a girl at work who is pregnant & having a shower in a couple weeks. I'm going to use this Magic Slipper pattern I found on Ravelry & looks easy enough for a non-sock knitter to make. We shall see about that soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment