Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's next?


So the mitts are done! They match the hat perfectly & I like them almost as much. The fit is just a bit off, I think because I knitted too much length after the thumbs. They are also scrunching down toward my fingers so I have to yank them back down every so often. But they are soft, moderately warm & will be perfect for those chilly spring days that are headed our way.

Now I don't know what to work on! Horrible, I know. My first thought is to get back to my lovely Malabrigo scarf that I've been working on since last summer. It's my first attempt at "true" lace and while I am enjoying it, sometimes I need a break from it because I really do have to concentrate on not screwing it up. This last break from it was just a little longer than it really needed to be. Close lace I am however open to suggestions so let me know if you think there is something I should be trying!

I think that last time I promised a soup recipe. Well, I'm not so great at coming up with things on my own. But I can follow a recipe! And this is one that we love. It's Rachel Ray's Tomato & Bean Soup. You get a lot of food for your money, it's great re-heated & nothing is better on a snowy night than a bowl of home made soup! The olive frittata from that episode is also quite tasty. Whip it up & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment